1. Holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mr. D & Mrs. C Franklin (the Owners) to the renter (the Client).
2. To reserve the Property the Client should complete the booking form on the website and forward to us the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Please note that our prices do not include provision of bed linen and towels. (For details please see condition 12). These are available at an additional cost of £14 per person per week. Following receipt of the deposit the Owners will send a confirmation, invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent (including any linen charges) together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable no less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require payment at the time of booking.
4. The security deposit of £150 for every week or part week of the rental period is required in case of damage to the Property and its contents. However the sum reserved in this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owners. The Owners will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the rental period. Any breakages during the rental period shall be accounted for by the Owners and deducted from this security deposit. Please report any breakages immediately to the Owners’ manager. This makes it easier when checking inventories.
5. Subject to clause 2 and 3 above in the event of non-insurable cancellation refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owners are able to re-let the Property. Any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc since these are not covered by the Owners’ insurance.
6. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. In the event that the client remains in occupation of the property beyond 10.00 a.m. we will make a charge of £20 for every 30 minutes or part of 30 minutes they remain in occupation. In the event that this charge becomes payable it will be deducted from the security deposit. The reason that this charge will be applied is that our cleaners are contracted to start work at 10.00 a.m. and we are liable for payment even if they are prevented from commencing their work. Additionally they have only 6 hours in which to complete the cleaning etc. and in the past these delays have impacted on the incoming guests not having access at 4.00 p.m.
It is due to this short “changeover” window that we cannot allow access to the properties or grounds prior to 4.00 p.m.
7. The maximum number of people to reside in the Property must not exceed the advertised capacity unless the Owners have given written permission.
8. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and its contents including the Barbeque, and to leave them in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as it was presented at the beginning of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in the price the Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to the residents in other properties at Charente Maritime Holiday Properties and to those residents in neighbouring properties.
9. The Client agrees to comply with the Waste Disposal requirements, which are explained in the Information Pack, and accepts that failure to comply with this will result in the Owners making a retention from the security deposit to cover the costs of rectifying the non compliance.
10. The Client shall report to the Owners’ agent without delay any defects in the Property, breakdown of equipment, plant machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. The Owners shall not be liable to the Client for:
[a] any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property nor in respect of any equipment, plant machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool.
[b] any loss, damage or injury that is the result of adverse weather conditions, riots, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
[c] any loss, damage or inconvenience caused or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event the Owners shall within seven days of notification to the Client refund the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. Under no circumstances shall the Owners’ liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period.
13. If you take our linen/towels option we provide the following: Bed Linen and in respect of towels - 1 bath sheet plus 1 hand towel, changed weekly. The towels are for internal use only and are not to be used for the pool or the beach.
15. Absolutely no tents allowed on the property.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceeding arising of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.